Fighting Fantasy Warlock Magazine 13
The Warlock magazine was sadly only a 13 issues publication, and ran from 1984 to 1986. In Japan, where the magazine was widened out and turned into a general RPG magazine it ran for longer. The magazine devoted entirely to the Fighting Fantasy genre was published by Penguin as a quarterly Magazine until after issue 6 when it was taken over by Games Workshop, and became a greater success and much more packed magazine, with a growing and developing variety of items related to the Fighting Fantasy game.
The magazine was released in the UK, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand although it must be said can be a little difficult to locate outside the UK. Within Japan the magazine was eventually discontinued in 1997. There have been a few editors including: Steve Jackson, Marc Gascoigne, & Paul Mason. Issue 13 was sadly the last issue.
Warlock 13 Vol. 1, No. 13 (Bi Monthly) Issue Contents: (.PDF Download very soon)
Editors - Marc Gascoigne
Cover Illustrator - Les Edwards
Interior Illustrator - Various
Setting - Allansia
Date - 1986 December/January
- Omens and Auguries - More Reviews.
- Out of the Pit - Revealing a special Undead series of creatures.
- Warlock's Quill - More letters page.
- Arkenor & Max - Part 7 of the new Warlock cartoon.
- Arcane Archive - More Reviews.
- The Dreaming Sands - A multi-player adventure using the Riddling Reaver & his daughter.
- Absolute Beginners - Introductory article for boardgames.
- Diaboloical - A unique new boardgame about demon-summoning.
- Book of Runes - Cartoon.
- Cartoon - Derek the Troll!
- Dicing With Death - Interview with Joe Dever writer of the LONE WOLF books.
- Fantasy In Miniature - Article by Rick Priestly part 8.
- Temple of the Pharoah - A Fighting Fantasy adventure.