Winter 2013 Competition - Win signed books
Win a signed Fighting Fantasy book!
The Warlock has only recently just discovered that the Fighting Fantasy artist Chris Achilleos issued his own series of Trading Cards based on his artwork. This discovery has led him to several of the cards that have familiar covers from the series on them. Above are four images of the cards he has recently acquired.
To win a signed Fighting Fantasy Book, e-mail the Warlock with the original name of the artwork and exactly what the title of each Fighting Fantasy publication it adorns, including its number (if applicable). Closing Date is Saturday 7th December 2013.
To celebrate the launch of Blood of the Zombies and the 30th Anniversary of Fighting Fantasy on 27th August 2012, The Warlock, with the help of Tammy Badowski, has created a fiendish Warlock of Firetop Mountain quiz. The catch is you must register on the site and score 100% to pass the test. However in addition to dusting off those memories, there is a prize for your trouble, the first three people to pass will not win 1000 Gold Pieces, jewellery, diamonds, rubies or pearls but a copy of Blood of the Zombies signed by Ian Livingstone. Will your memory and luck remain true or will you need to get your battered copy from the bookshelf which will only delay you in your quest, either way you could become the hero! 30 questions for 30 years, off you go.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED - THE QUIZ IS STILL OPEN TO PLAY
November 2011 Competition update
The October competition is now closed and I can reveal the winner.
Well done to 13 year old Brandon Young from Australia for designing the picture that will be used as the @fightingfantasy Twitter and Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks Facebook profile pictures.
October 2011 Competiton
Your challenge for this month is to design a new profile picture for the Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks Facebook page and the Twitter feed @fightingfantasy. It could be a new logo or your version of what you think the new Warlock looks like. The Warlock reserves the right to use more than one and you will be rewarded for you troubles.
Do you have an artistic side? Well show us and every fan across the globe by sending us your original art! We're looking for hand-drawn or computer generated pictures related to the Fighting Fantasy series in our new exciting competition. We would like to see your creations and are offering – signed books by Steve and Ian as a prize.
SEND US YOUR ARTWORK
If you'd like to submit your own picture, please either send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to the address below. Pictures sent by e-mail should be in either jpg or gif format and no larger than 800(w) x 600(h) pixels. Pictures sent in the post should be on paper no bigger than A4 size. Important note: If your files do not meet the requirements above, or if your name is not included in the art, it will not be entered. The Closing date of this competition is the 31st October 2011.
HOW TO ENTER
You may use any medium you like to illustrate the new profile picture provided you follow the rules. Entries will be judged on both artistic merit as well as originality. If you have any queries regarding the competition please email email@example.com.
Send your completed entries via email above or to:
Fighting Fantasy Competition, (Postal Address redacted please e-mail us and we will let you have the address should you need to use that method instead)
It is advised that you use a recorded delivery or similar since no responsibility can be taken for lost entries. Please remember to include the following details:
1. Your name
2. Your full postal address, with postcode
3. Your email address, if you have one (this maybe used to correspond with you in the future, if you do not want that to happen please say so.)
4. Your age
5. Where you first saw this competition advertised (The official website, Twitter, Facebook etc)
Closing date: 31st October 2011
1. All entries must be received at above address by 31st October 2011. Please include your details as requested above. No responsibility can be taken for lost or damaged entries. Posted entries cannot returned unless return postage is paid for it's return.
2. The winner(s) will be informed by post/email by 11th November 2011. A list of winning entries will be made available online at www.fightingfantasy.com from 13th November 2011. There is no cash alternative.
3. The judges will take into account the age of entrants when making their decision. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
4. No employee of Icon Books, or anyone else directly connected with this competition may enter.
5. It is a condition of entry that all entrants agree to be bound by these rules.