Latest News 17th July 2014
Want to share a drink with the creators of Fighting Fantasy at the Black Lobster Tavern, from Port Blacksand, City of Thieves, themed bar! Then look no further. Get your ticket to the Fighting Fantasy Fest now before it is too late as only 14 days remain.
Latest News 3rd July 2014
In case you haven't seen the full cover art before for YOU ARE THE HERO and the Fighting Fantasy Fest poster by Martin McKenna it is below in all its glory.
Tickets are still available until 31st July 2014, so get in there before it is too late. Artists John Blanche and Leo Hartas have joined those attending as special guests.
Latest News 20th June 2014
Jonathan Green has been beavering away on getting his new book out - YOU ARE THE HERO. The pictures below are a glimpse of what is to come and Steve Jackson in action checking out his handiwork in the draft.
Adult and Child tickets are now available for the FIGHTING FANTASY FEST 2014.
Jonathan Green has also released more details on what you will get in the collectable Adventurer's Backpack when you attend the fest:
- A collectible convention programme,
- Tin Man Games app download code,
- a poster
- a limited edition metal miniature of Zagor, The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
- a Pax Britannia novel by Jonathan Green
- a Fighting Fantasy gamebook
- and the first 100 people to buy a ticket for FIGHTING FANTASY FEST that gamebook will be none other than the much sought after, limited edition hardback of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, including a solution and map, and a host of other fascinating snippets of information.
- plus, if that wasn't enough to tempt you, everyone who buys a ticket for FIGHTING FANTASY FEST will be entered into a draw to win the chance to have their name appear in a forthcoming Fighting Fantasy app from Tin Man Games.
See more at: http://youaretheherokickstarter.blogspot.co.uk/
Latest News 14th June 2014
It is full steam ahead for Jonathan Green. On top of his other writing commitments, not only is he trying to finish the much anticipated Kickstarter funded, You are the Hero - A History of Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks, he is also organising the first ever Fighting Fantasy Fest. To be held in Ealing, London, on Sunday 7th September 2014, it is going to be the event of the year for Fighting Fantasy fans of all ages, if not of all time.
All those who attend will get to meet fellow enthusiasts and talk about nothing other than the Gamebooks that they have come to love. Not only that, but they will get to meet the esteemed and legends that are Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson themselves. An array of Fighting Fantasy authors and artists (Russ Nicholson, Tony Hough and Chris Achilleos so far) will also be present. On the day there will be signings, games, talks, trade stands, rare collectables exhibition, auctions and much more. Those who attend will also get a backpack of goodies. The awesome artwork for the poster and the book is by the Fighting Fantasy stalwart, artist Martin McKenna. Watch the artwork evolve here to see some of your favourite (or hated) characters (or nemesis) come to life.
Get your ticket now or live to regret never fulfilling your dream. The Warlock looks forward to meeting you all. May your stamina never fail!
Latest News 2nd June 2014
So much news to report. It can go quiet for months and then - bam!, it all comes at once.
- Sorcery! 2, Khare - Cityport of Traps by Inkle Studios will be released on Android on the 10th June, Available from Google Play.
- The book signing at the UK Games Expo with Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson was a great success at the weekend. They also received the Hall of Fame award for services to the industry. Sadly, the Warlock did not take very good pictures but will bring news of others soon.
- Tickets for the Fighting Fantasy Fest being held in London on Sunday 7th September 2014 have gone on sale. This is going to be an epic event!
- The Warlock of Firetop Mountain is the latest Advanced Fighting Fantasy RPG release by Arion Games.
- A little bit older news than the rest but worth mentioning as it may have been overlooked is that the next Tin Man Games installment after Appointment with F.E.A.R will be Caverns of the Snow Witch.
Further details of the news above and pictures will be released over the next week.
EXCLUSIVE NEWS 30th May 2014
Tickets for the FIGHTING FANTASY FEST go on sale tomorrow
Find out more on Jonathan Greens blog.
Latest News 29th May 2014
Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson have been inducted into the UK Games Expo hall of fame that honor's those who have had a major influence on our hobby and have led the way. They will receive their award this Saturday after 4pm.
Latest News 25th May 2014
Just a quick reminder that Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson will be at the Games Expo in Birmingham at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole
National Exhibition Centre this weekend (Saturday 31st) giving a talk from 2pm followed by book signings at 3pm in the Kings Suite (K32). Do not fear, the Warlock will be there selling books you can get signed on the spot. Tickets are now only available on the door. See you there!
Latest News 17th May 2014
FIGHTING FANTASY FEST 2014
It has now been confirmed and scheduled for Sunday September 7th 2014 in London, this event will be the first ever dedicated Fighting Fantasy convention, featuring special guest appearances by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone, and the official book launch of You Are The Hero - A History of Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks, by Jonathan Green.
In a hotel at an undisclosed location at this point somewhere in Ealing, London, England, this event will see all things Fighting Fantasy bought together under one roof. This will be a chargeable event (circa £50) and tickets sales will be announced at a future date. It is has also been announced that in addition to appearances by Ian and Steve, Illustrators Tony Hough and Russ Nicholson have already been confirmed to attend. As the event organiser, Jonathan Green will also be present. Yours truly will also been attending in some capacity or other.
This is the biggest ever opportunity you will ever have to meet some of your favourite gamebook authors and illustrators including fellow fans alike. Stock up on those gold coins as you will need them for the trade stands. Backpacks full of books for signing are also required for your adventure to be successful.
Latest New 12th May 2014
Don't forget Steve and Ian will be at the Expo on Saturday 31st May 2014 at 2pm for a talk followed by book signings. A limited stock of Fighting Fantasy books will be for sale but please bring your own along to get signed. Come along and meet the Warlock as well!
Latest News 6th May 2014
FIGHTING FANTASY CONVENTION
Would you be interested in attending a book launch for YOU ARE THE HERO and a mini FIGHTING FANTASY convention on Sunday 7 September 2014, in Ealing, London, UK at £50 a ticket? - Vote now here to help make this a reality. More soon.
Read archived news here.